Wednesday 4 December 2013

Short of Expectation.

The night walks are proving to be a bit tedious so far.

No stars, no wind, no fog, no snow. (The only time I like snow is when I’m walking on it at night. I think it might have something to do with a teenage memory of giving my coat to Pauline McNicol when we were walking to the pub one cold, snowy night in December. I just wasn’t made for this century, you know. Come to think of it, it was the last century, but you know what I mean.)

No strange noises the other side of the hedgerow, no mysterious shadows that have no right be there, no pulsating lights in the stark branches of winter trees, no Rottweilers with steaming breath playing Killer Dogs from The Omen.

And I still haven’t found an instant hot chocolate I really like.

No comments: