Tuesday 20 August 2013

The Delights of a Cheap Blonde.

Tonight I’ve been joined by a visitor from Barnsley who introduces herself as ‘The name’s Blonde… Barnsley Blonde.’ (Very droll, these Yorkshire folk.) She isn’t actually a blonde, though, more of a gingery redhead, but I’m sure they must have far more gingery redheads in Yorkshire than true blondes, so I expect they just amend the definition. She came with the following reference:

‘Shimmers and shimmies with an attractive and seductively golden full bodied flavour that is sure to tantalise your taste buds. At 5.0%, with a fruity bitter aftertaste and deliciously satisfying aroma, this is a blonde to truly savour.’

And do you know what? Notwithstanding the odd bit of judicious editing that might make her introduction read more like the self-conscious outpourings of a piece by Patrick Kavanagh, she really is true to what it says. She’s very tasty indeed.

I picked her up on my way back from a professional visit to Mr Nigel. £1.29 for a 500ml bottle, which means that she isn’t only blonde, but cheap with it. Who could ask for anything more? And she’s said to go well with pork scratchings, only I’m vegetarian.

No comments: