Tuesday 6 August 2013

News Sickness.

You know what? Every time I look at the news, my chronic fatigue condition reappears.It's closely related to stress, you see.

I wish I didn’t care that Palestinian children are going thirsty so that rich Israelis living on occupied land can have nice swimming pools to relax in, while the kids’ fathers are arrested and beaten up for trying to get them some water to drink. I wish I didn’t care that America is so afraid of upsetting the Israeli government that they stand idly by on the pretext that ‘erm, it’s complicated.’ (That’s what Mr Obama said when I wrote an email of complaint to him.) I wish I didn’t care that the UN continues to prove itself a paper tiger.

But I do, and it makes me feel ill.

And I’m going well off Emma Watson. What a disappointment she turned out to be. Long story.

(Did I mention a modicum of passing interest in a celebrity? Now I’m disappointing myself.)

No comments: