Friday 4 March 2011

Short Literary Update.

Every night I make a point of reading another chapter of Mists, and every night I make a point of editing another chapter of the novel. No wonder I’m finding mundane reality a bit difficult to cope with at the moment, what with all this magic around.

In Mists, Morgaine has finally made her long-awaited return to Avalon after her self-imposed exile. This is a GOOD chapter – possibly the best so far, full of humanity as well as some spectacular magic.

In the novel, Annie has taken Brendan to ancient Egypt to show him how the pyramids were really built, and dear, playful Rabbit has done an uncharacteristic impression of Marvin. She dislikes sand, you see.

And today I had only a few mild hints of the head pains, so I suspect the lurgy-without-a-name might be on its way out. What’s more, I got half a bucket of horse manure from the lane this afternoon – for once totally unsquashed by car tyres. That was today’s nod to the practical side of mundane reality.

No comments: