Tuesday 1 March 2011

Rough.

I feel rough. First it was the doldrums, then the occasional shooting pain in the head, and now the troublesome tooth has joined the party. I’m wondering whether I’ve got something I’ve never heard of, and whether an early night is called for.

Anyway, this is another reason why I’m not making the posts that run through my head during the day - when I’m a bit more alive, but busy with other things. By the time night sets in, I’m washed up and only fit for passive things like reading, watching the TV and editing the novel. I felt it needed a paragraph adding tonight, and that was quite an effort. Now all I want to do is yawn constantly.

I expect either it will pass, or I will, eventually.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I know you're leery of "quacks" but you've been blogging a lot about how you don't physically feel well, and I'm concerned Jeff. It could be the whole tooth issue, which does start to effect all of your brain chemistry and makes you feel horrible and/or something else going on. Please do see someone you trust and might be able to help you with your physical complaints and possibly someone for your doldrums/depressive symptoms.

JJ said...

Thank you, Wendy, but I'm a typical old school Brit when it comes to this sort of thing. Grit the teeth and see it through, old chap! It's that clenched jaw image we're so fond of. Please don't be concerned. I'm not. I'm used to riding things out. My reason for mentioning it in posts was to let people know that I'm neither dead nor giving up on blogging yet.

Jeanne said...

Try oil of cloves for tooth problems. For doldrums a good dose of "change of scenery" usually does the trick!

JJ said...

Oil of cloves wouldn't help, I'm afraid Jeanne. The problem is a chronic infection at the very tip of the root. Dentist says I have to either live with it or have very unpleasant sugery. I'll live with it. As for a change of scene, Ha! Do you know how much petrol costs in Britain these days? £6 a gallon! I can't afford a change of scene.