Monday 28 March 2011

Random Reflections.

Boring and uninspired gobshite that I am tonight, the four most mind boggling reflections I can come with are:

1) Coleslaw is remarkably versatile. I make my own and I’ve had it as an accompaniment with three different sorts of meals on three consecutive days.

2) Andrea is uncommonly pretty, and her bloke looks like he’s well able to take care of her and their children. That pleases me, but it also makes me wish I knew how to do the togetherness thing. I don’t.

3) The current 75cl bottle of scotch has lasted six days. That’s pretty good going, but I fear it’s one short step from being on the wagon. Boring I can just about accept, but respectable? F*** that!

4) People who use big words just to sound impressive never do, except to proclaim their immaturity.

4a) I like bulleted lists.

I hope you’re impressed.

6 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Awww... Thank you :o)

JJ said...

I moan enough, Andrea, so I also like to compliment where I feel it's due.

Maria Sondule said...

Bulleted lists are swell. ;)

JJ said...

Easier on both writer and reader, I'd say. Functional and unpretentious.

Anthropomorphica said...

Gobshite, how I love that word, it has me in fits of giggles no end! Then I thought of a gobshite coleslaw and I couldn't keep it together as I imagined it in the kitchen dance video I posted, putting it's two penneth in!
Impressed you make your own, by the way I saw a recipe for a whiskey cake and thought of you!

JJ said...

Mel, lovely lady, you managed to raise a smile. Thanks. I remember Dougal calling Ted a gobshite after reading too many Roddy Doyle books. Definitely works best with an Irish accent.

I still go back and watch that video occasionally, mainly for the dance. Brilliant. And, if it's all the same to you, I think I prefer my whiskey in the jar.