Wednesday 2 March 2011

And I Never Knew Her Name...

Bob Dylan was probably the biggest influence on my teenage years. I learned more about life from him than from school, my parents and the Church put together. He was the nearest thing I ever had to an idol.

Today I learned that Suse Rotolo died. Today I learned who Suse Rotolo was. It’s an interesting story, and for once I’m happy to let somebody else do my talking for me. It’s here.

I find it interesting that I never knew her name, or her apparent connection with the song Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right. It was one of my favourites, and one I included in my repertoire when I did my minstrel thing down the years. I sang it to Sheona McCormack once (see the story on the other blog if you haven’t done so already.) I said it reminded me of her, which wasn’t very diplomatic. Diplomacy was never really my forte, but fancy it taking until now to find out who was unwittingly responsible for my error that night.

No comments: