Thursday 31 March 2011

Searching Speculation.

I think it might be interesting to speculate on the psychological markers contained within Google search terms. Ones that have brought people to my blog in the last twenty four hours have included parsnips is daft, define petulance in a picture and tortured victims in Ulverston, Cumbria. The only thing I’ve searched today is do relined chimneys need sweeping more often?

On second thoughts, such speculation would probably be pointless. Anybody considering my search term would probably conclude I was normal.

10 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Parnips is daft is my favorite.

JJ said...

Mine too. The 'tortured victims' one was a bit disturbing.

andrea kiss said...

Maybe it was for research?

If you see Kingsport, TN on your Feedjit its probably me. Just so you know. In case you haven't already deduced that. Which i'm thinking you have 'cause you're pretty sharp.

JJ said...

It seemed likely. Presumably you use two computers - a Mac and a laptop?

Sharp, is it? Gee, thanks. A teacher said that to me when I was about nine, only he was telling me off.

andrea kiss said...

When "we" say sharp here it means you are smart. Or if something looks sharp it looks nice. I use a MacBook, my laptop, at home and sometimes i get on blogger from a PC desktop at my work.

JJ said...

What work? I thought you worked from home.

As it's 3am here, suppose I'd better go to bed.

andrea kiss said...

I just recently started working in a tuxedo shop getting people measurements for tuxes and making alterations and stuff like that.

JJ said...

Tuxedo shop? I wonder if we have any of them. I'm not into dressing up, either. I like cigars though.

andrea kiss said...

People mostly rent them for weddings, cruises, and teenagers get them for proms. I'm not up to explaining what a prom is at the moment. I'm so over them and dealing with all the bratty kids and their picky mothers...

JJ said...

I've heard about Proms, Andrea. I'm even aware of Morps now. Pretty daft, if you ask me. I loved Dorothy Parker's famous witticism about the Yale Prom, though.