Thursday 24 March 2011

The Day Continues...

The latest e-mail to drop into my inbox is from the editor of a prospective new magazine called The Seahorse Review.

The Seahorse Review looked good; the website was well designed and looked professional, and they wanted intelligent stories with an existential bent. It seemed that something of quality was in the offing, something different and interesting, something I fancied being associated with. I had one story that appeared to fit the bill, so I sent it and they accepted it. It was scheduled for the first issue which was due out about now.

The e-mail informed me that, due to certain unforeseen circumstances and funding issues, the project has been scrapped.

It’s been that kind of day.

Move on.

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

It's ok, at least you can put on your resume that you were accepted there...

JJ said...

I do, such as it is, but nobody takes much notice of them in the publishing world.