Thursday 24 March 2011

The Day So Far.

I received a letter from the landlord’s agent this morning. Battle number two is now joined.

Then the builders turned up to start work on my late neighbour’s house, so my space is being well and truly invaded by their presence and noise. If there’s one thing that sets my nerves on edge, it’s having my space invaded.

I checked my e-mails and the only one was from the literary agent, declining my novel. Rejections don’t normally bother me a bit, but this one disappointed. That’s because I’d been foolish enough to think that the synopsis and first three chapters might arouse sufficient interest for them to want to read the rest. They said they couldn’t envisage a market for it. I intend to persevere, but I might have to consider going to the small press. That isn’t so bad these days, since electronic publication is in the ascendant. We’ll see.

All in all, though, not a good day so far. Off to the post box now, to send a carefully worded letter back to the landlord’s agent.

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

What is your novel about? I know you've told me, but I forget the specifics.

JJ said...

It's about a human male being taken on a journey of spiritual and existential discovery by a Gaelic goddess and her rabbit companion. So, no market.