Sunday 20 March 2011

A Message of Some Sort?

Something odd happened this afternoon. One of the strings on my guitar sounded when I was nowhere near it. I was startled, as you might imagine, and checked to find out which one it was. The B, or second, string. A few minutes later another one sounded, but much deeper. That turned out to be the bottom E, or sixth.

I assumed at first that it might have been due to the strings twanging through a sudden drop in tension, which can happen on a guitar if a string hasn’t been wound properly. But then the guitar would have been well out of tune, which it wasn’t; it was still perfectly tuned.

So what’s going on? Should I assume that some communication is taking place, and that BE is significant? Are the letters the beginning of a longer word, or are they contained unto themselves? The fact that they happen to be the first two letters of my surname is surely mere coincidence.

This happened in the same room where the CD player developed a habit of switching its own power on recently, and the TV made an odd noise before what appeared to be a shadow passed across it. My living room. Mmm...

I did say that strange things happen to me sometimes, didn’t I?

2 comments:

Carmen said...

why do strange things only happen to you? all i get is to listen to other people's weird happenings. you probably have a strong aura of some kind..

hmph.

JJ said...

I'm just open to the possibilities, Carms. I believe in magic and mystical realms. And I suspect that when the Others know that, they respond. It used to frighten me as a kid.