Monday 15 June 2015

Frankenstein's Latest Monster.

I read today that there are now more mobile phones in the world than there are people, and we all know they’re becoming ever more intelligent…

So I wondered what might happen if they decided to put their numerical superiority to their advantage by taking over the world, and constructed a lengthy scenario along those lines, intending to write it up as a blog post. But then I discovered that it became brain-numbingly complicated when it came to the point where the world’s computers had to decide whether to support the humans or the mobile phones, or even engage with a game of their own playing one off against the other.

With the fate of the planet hanging in the balance, I gave up the post and decided on ‘What the hell. Just send the damn spaceship and take me home.’

No comments: