Saturday 19 June 2010

Weird!

According to my flaggy thing, people from twenty three countries have now visited my blog, and that includes twenty three US states. The latest is North Dakota. North Dakota! ‘Take me back to the Black Hills.’ Doris Day. The Deadwood Stage. And, irony of ironies, this is all due to modern technology. Life’s weird, ain’t it?

The Tibetan Chenrezig is smiling at me from my mouse mat. Her alter-ego, Kuan Yin, is blessing me from the top of one of my speakers. I think it’s time I went to bed – yet again. How many more times?

6 comments:

lucy said...

That is awesome Jeff! To know that your thoughts are being read by people across the globe is amazing, isn't it? Congrats! Your blog rocks, anyway :)

JJ said...

You just keep on making my day, Lucy. Thanks.

Must be nearly bed time in Sydney. Have a good night.

Maria Sondule said...

Wow, that's really good! I tried the flag thingy for a month and only got about 15 countries. Eventually I just stressed out about it so much that I had to delete it.
But 23 countries is amazing, and not at all surprising, considering the standard of your writing. :)
Which state visits the most?

JJ said...

I know. It's so easy to fall into the 'have I got a new country today' habit. But there's something I don't understand about it. Easily the biggest state is California with nearly 100 visits. I know of four people from CA who visit my blog, and it seems that every time one of them does, the count goes up. So it obviously doesn't mean that 100 different people have visited. And yet it often happens that one or more of you girls from Aus leaves a comment, but the Aussie count doesn't go up. So what's going on? What does 'unique visitors' mean? I don't know, and it doesn't matter anyway.

Nice to see you, Maria.

Maria Sondule said...

Dang, my state doesn't get first place. XD

JJ said...

For some reason, I've been thinking you were from Australia. Wonder why. So what is your state?