Friday 25 June 2010

Tea Party Day.

A few weeks ago I undertook to add a post as a contribution to The Mad Tea Party on 26th June. To honour that promise, I’m posting one of my sillier stories at A Handful of Stories. Its relevance to the Mad Hatter’s tea party is tenuous, but my defence is that there are certain connections to the original. It’s a bizarre story with a little girl as the central character, it’s the child’s birthday so it might be considered to contain at least an implicit link to the party atmosphere, and then there is the Queen’s famous and oft-quoted command...

It’s a very short story that will take only about ten minutes to read. It will be going up at around midnight BST.

And the next ‘proper’ story, The Passenger, will be posted on schedule next Thursday.

3 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Ah fantastic, I didn't realise you were a Mad Tea partier too. Off I go for a gander...

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff, I'll make my way now over to your story place and take a look. I got a big laugh the other day out of the Sicilian story, though maybe it wasn't meant to be funny. The truth is so much stranger..

JJ said...

Oh yes. it was meant to be funny. It became funny once we were safely out of range of the apples.