Friday 4 June 2010

An Interesting Discovery.

I did what I’m told you’re not supposed to do today – hosed the garden when the sun was still quite high. It was around four o’clock in the afternoon. I was glad I did, because I discovered something rather splendid.

I found that if I had the nozzle set just right for a certain density of spray, and if I turned the hose in the opposite direction to the sun, and if I held the stream of water at just the right elevation, I got my very own little rainbow. Better still, I could view the garden through a mist of water droplets and spectral colours.

Now, I’m quite sure I’m not the first gardener to discover this, but it just might lead to a new short story one of these days.

2 comments:

Orphin Lasz said...

Yes yes! I love making my own little rainbows! I haven't though, ever since I was a child.
Such good times ; u ;

I love your stories; they're so funny and dreamy. I will definetely make sure to come back.

~ Orphin's Domains ~

JJ said...

Well, thank you Orphin. You're more than welcome. I'm keeping my eye on your blog, too.