Tuesday 8 June 2010

The Challenge.

The ever-delightful Lucy from Aus has nominated me to take the five-lies-and-a-truth challenge. I’ve varied it slightly. Five of the following six statements are partly true; only one of them is wholly true. Just in case anybody should want time to make a guess, I’ll post the answer tomorrow. Am I being self-indulgent here?

1 I have appeared three times on British national TV.

2 When I was forty six, a very attractive 18-year-old woman propositioned me. She said that a fortune teller had told her that she would marry a much older man. I didn’t bite!

3 I broke a toe playing rugby at age fifteen. Nineteen years later I broke the same toe playing cricket. They’re the only two times I broke a bone.

4 A scriptwriter for a British TV soap once said to me ‘You have an interesting way of putting things. You should write.’

5 During my brief time in the navy, my ship put into New York for four days. One night I walked across Harlem at around midnight, having no idea where I was. I saw nobody, but a shipmate who did the same thing ended up in hospital after he was attacked.

6 I once spent nearly an hour putting out a large rubbish fire in a warehouse full of dynamite. The boss later implied that he considered me responsible for the fire. I wasn’t.

At the fear of offending my good chum Shayna, I thought I would nominate her to do the next one. She’s a lovely person, and far more interesting than me. You can always tell me to sling me ‘ook if you want to, Shay.

5 comments:

lucy said...

Wow, I have no idea which one is the truth! I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow then. Quickly post the answer!! :D

JJ said...

Greetings and goodnight, Lu. You're ace.

Shayna said...

Perhaps I should call you a 'monstink'? What a funny and good word! "Far more interesting than you"? Say what??? Now I'm gonna call you a monstink for sure! Okay, here is mine:

1. My eyes are round.
2. My eyes are square.
3. My eyes are oval.
4. My eyes saw it raining frogs.
5. My eyes are shaped like trees.
6. My eyes are green.

Which one is the true one, Jeff? You dearheart.

JJ said...

Ah, easy. Frogs. That's how I first found you - the little girl who cried because the frogs were going to get run over. One of my lucky days.

Shayna said...

~.~, thank you.