Wednesday 9 June 2010

The Answers.

For those who might be interested, the truth about the six statements:

The following five statements are mostly true, but contain one inaccuracy.

1 I made only two TV appearances, on a quiz show called 15to1.

2 The young woman in question was 17, not 18. Curiouser and curiouser!

3 It was the same finger that I broke twice, not a toe.

5 It wasn’t Harlem that I walked across, but the lower West Side - which I gather was just as hazardous in those days.

6 The warehouse wasn’t used to store dynamite, but butane gas containers. I’m making that incident the subject of my next post.

Number four was the wholly true one. She was somebody I knew during my time working at a theatre. She was an actress and stage director, as well as writing scripts for a popular Brit soap called Emmerdale.

7 comments:

Shayna said...

She was an astute scriptwriter. Twice on a quiz show, how cool.

JJ said...

Not really, Shay. I did it for fun, and it helped me to realise that knowing 'facts' really isn't all that important.

Shayna said...

Very true about facts. A person can know five zillion facts and be the poorest conversationalist you'd ever want to meet. That, reminds me, in a backwards way, of a line in a Rickie Lee Jones song that cracks me up: ♪"My sister don't got much to say. Ask her about it."♪

JJ said...

Chuck 'ees in Love. Rave from the Grave! Good memories.

Della Marinis said...

Well, now they're all true in essence, aren't they? Sounds like you've had many lives. I hope your actress/director friend is around to read this, oh, and your 17 year old friend, did she marry after all? Perhaps we'll come across them in one of your tales.

lucy said...

That's awesome- to be praised for your work by a professional! :)

JJ said...

Della: The 17-year-old was doing voluntary at the theatre. I never saw her again after that night. Maybe she retired for shame! Or maybe she was annoyed at my polite refusal. Don't know.

Lucy: Professional? Mm... Have you ever seen Emmerdale?!