Friday 18 June 2010

I Think...

I think my blog is becoming tedious. I think I’m guilty of being something I don’t want to be. I think maybe I should switch the computer off and sew a button on a shirt, or something. I think self-doubt is healthy. I think the old maxim is sometimes very true: ‘better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt.’ I think I’m in a funny mood.

But I’ve had a visit from Spain. Greetings, Espana.

Every time I say that, they don’t come back. C’est la vie.

So, tomorrow...

‘Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow...

‘...and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death.’

See what I mean?

So, tomorrow I might have something interesting to say. Or I might not.

4 comments:

KMcCafferty said...

Is doimhin é poll an amhrais.
"Deep is the hole of doubt"
So says the seanfhocail! Funny moods are good, in my opinion.

JJ said...

Hello McC! How smashing to see you here.

A friend of mine (the Lydia of an earlier post) spent one holiday exploring the islands off the west coast of Ireland. She became friendly with an old lady there, who had apparently never been off the island. She had spent her life spinning wool. I wonder whether she had doubts.

Carmen said...

Sewing buttons on shirts would be even more tedious.

JJ said...

But a lot more useful.

So, you agree that my blog is becoming tedious. That's two votes in favour so far, one implicit, one explicit. Any more?

Only kidding, Carms. Have a good weekend. Thanks for popping in.