Friday 3 July 2015

Today's Few Tedious Notes.

I had another chance encounter much more remarkable than Tuesday's. It's been that sort of week so far.

*  *  *

I saw another splendid helmet in the City Museum, displayed next to the Sutton Hoo facsimile. There were several similarities, but the chain mail neck guard suggested to me that it was a later version. Unfortunately, there was no information displayed with it and no one to ask. That's pretty bad in my book.

*  *  *

I never claim to know anything that isn't proven, and keep an open mind with regard to everything that can't be disproved. I hope my verb forms are correct, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're not.

*  *  *

I began to feel slightly alarmed that a day will come when those few people who have reason talk about me will all do so in the past tense.

*  *  *

On a more cheerful note, tonight's premium beer tastes mercifully of nothing but beer.

No comments: