Monday 27 July 2015

Media Goes OTT.

In the city where I used to live, and where I originally grew up, it wasn’t all that uncommon to see young men in passing cars throw objects in the general direction of pedestrians. It happened to me a few times. It’s a bit annoying, but you eventually calm down and accept that it’s just kids having their silly idea of fun. Today I read this headline and subtext in the city newspaper:

Dog Walker Targeted in Drive By Attack!

48-year old hit on the arm by missile thrown from car.

That was exciting. Seems I grew up in the Bronx and nobody ever told me. I searched the pages in search of something else to excite me, like maybe:

Lithuania Masses Forces for Invasion of Russia!

But no, all I found was this:

Alabama National Guardsman Shoots at Venus
Thinking it’s an Alien Spaceship!

OK, I made that one up, too. But at least it’s plausible.

No comments: