Saturday 4 July 2015

Comings and Goings.

I make very few deep connections with individuals. It isn’t because most people aren’t ‘good’ enough, rather that most people are just not right for a very peculiar and demanding taste. But when they do happen, they’re special. So how should I feel when, in the space of four days, I discover that:

1. A connection that was once bilateral has become unilateral and therefore has to be relinquished. Connections don’t work one way.

2. A connection that I had long thought irreversibly faded has returned to good health.

3. A relatively new and valuable friendship appears to have been laid waste by my unfortunate habit of being careless in what I say and how I say it.

A bit tempest-tossed?

(A Russian woman spoke to me today via YouTube. That’s unusual, but not special yet.)

No comments: