Tuesday 8 February 2011

My Primary Failing.

Somebody whose innate wisdom I have come to respect pointed out to me recently that my attitudes and opinions don’t come from reading what other people have to say in books, but from personal (and I hope keen) observation.

It was a revelation; I’d honestly never thought about it like that before. It probably explains why I fail to impress. To impress people you have to quote sources. Experience – and maybe a bit of intuition – simply won’t do. Hopefully, I’ll get it right in my next life.

And now it’s just gone 2.15.
To sleep, methinks, perchance to dream.
I’ll be the cat that gets the cream
And things will be but what they seem.

The illusion must be resisted when people disappoint.

4 comments:

Carmen said...

THAT PERSON IS QUITE RIGHT. damn, good for you. At least you will be one of those people making up those awesome quotes that people may or may not be posting on their blogs, instead of the other 6 bajillion people who just say it in an empty manner. aren't you lucky.

JJ said...

Oh, Carms, lovely lady. Now I know why I missed you recently. You're too good to me, you know? And I'm sorry about this, but I've been dying to say it. Do excuse me.

That pic of you nustled up to your granny's ear - sexy eye, mate!

Carmen said...

hahaha am i? At least you don't take advantage of my nice-ness. sexy eye?!? what the hell is that?

JJ said...

A sexy eye is a magnet, Carms.Especially an oriental sexy eye. Phew! Gone all dithery.