Saturday 5 February 2011

Current State16

One word:

Passive.

One thought:

The extent of my social intercourse is being determined entirely by other people at the moment. I don’t go to them; they come to me. Does that set me on a pedestal or in a pit? I suppose it depends on the reason. The reasons vary from person to person, but in the end it boils down to the fact that I get whatever people are prepared to give me. This is only ego. It really doesn’t matter. It just makes up for all those times I was a pain in the arse by forcing my attentions on the undeserving. I intend a return to normality tomorrow. The wind is forecast to die down. I suspect this is a form of cabin fever. That’s OK; I’ve had it worse than this.

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

It's always good to be sought out, and it's good to seek out others too, just so they know they aren't forcing themselves on you.
Was this post pertaining to the blogosphere or the "real world?"

JJ said...

Ha! Very few people seek me out, Maria.

Both (but not as true of the blogs.)

All in all, not a problem.