Thursday 3 February 2011

The Image.

I saw two ageing British actors (specifically English actors) appearing on a TV chat show this week, and I noticed that they both presented exactly the same image: an excessively lined face that looked as though it had been helped on its way by a make-up artist, medium length wavy hair, a crumpled shirt, and the wearing of a scarf indoors. Apart from the missing hat, they looked every bit the image of the Romantic poet. Maybe they thought they wouldn’t get away with the hat indoors, only the scarf.

Was this just coincidence, I wondered, or were they conforming to an image under the guise of individuality? Is this one of the little signs of luvvyitis, or am I being too harsh.

I didn’t listen to what they had to say. No point. It was The One Show.

No comments: