Tuesday 15 February 2011

A Complaint.

Do you know what I’m not very pleased about? I didn’t get any Valentine’s Day cards.

‘Oh, it must be, let me see...’

‘Twenty years?’

‘Yes, that’s it. It must be twenty years since I had a Valentine’s Day card.’

Find my much-beloved Mad Gerald sketch on YouTube and watch it. Alternatively, sing the words to God Only Knows to me like you mean it, and I might be sufficiently flattered as to find and post the link for you.

And while I’m on, the next story is now up at the other place. I like this one; it’s based on a real encounter. It occurs to me that the woman on the train was my very own Mad Gerald, only not as funny.

9 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Aw. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

JJ said...

Thank you, Andrea. Can't complain, though. Can't expect to get back what I don't put in, can I? Don't really believe in VD cards anyway. They encourage people to think they can express the depth of their feeling by the cost of the card. Or so I've noticed a few times.

andrea kiss said...

That is why we have hearts with chocolates in them. That usually does the trick. Oh, and diamonds.

JJ said...

Oh dear. All I have to offer is a sympathetic ear.

Anthropomorphica said...

Valentines day is the stuff of nonsense, this is the day to express love, they say. DAY!!!! what about the rest of the year!

JJ said...

Whoo, Mel! Still got the sleeves rolled up, then? Please don't shoot the messenger.

Anthropomorphica said...

Don't worry Mr B! I just like the love to flow continuously.

JJ said...

I like being called Mr B. May I call you Baldrick?

Anthropomorphica said...

As long as I can be a weird amalgamation of Baldi and Queenie ;) My nose is quite lovely but I am rather filthy and stinky ;)