Monday 5 July 2010

Thwarted!

Today has been really interesting. I counted the stars on Google’s depiction of the US flag. I was hoping there would be forty nine or fifty one or something, so I could moan about it. Nope. Google got it right. Damn. It’s ages since I had a good moan.

And who lives in Virginia? I want to know.

Good morning, Miss India. I hope it rains on you today. My ex spent a few months in India a couple of years ago. She found the monsoon rain almost as terrifying as the giant spiders.

‘The rain in Calcutta falls mainly in the gutter,’ says the old rhyme.

No doubt the rain in Mumbai falls mainly from the sky. And maybe the rain in New Delhi falls mainly on the smelly.

I think I should stop making late night posts. I’m not doing myself any favours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you mustn't. Your posts, late night or otherwise are much lapped up. Youre British, right?

lucy said...

Hey Jeff, sorry I haven't been commenting lately!

Lol, this post made me laugh. Why do you want to complain? Isn't it good Google got it right? At least that's one thing they're doing right, lol.

Love the rhyming :)

JJ said...

I am British indeed, Miss India (sorry, I don't what else to call you.) I'm not particularly proud of the fact, but I was born slap bang in the middle of the country so there isn't much I can do about it. Thank you so much for reading my nonsense and taking the time to comment. I love seeing you here.

No worries, Lu (we got that expression from the Aussies, don't you know. It came with Fosters lager.) I know you've been busy lately. I just like complaining, especially the twinkly-eyed sort. It means I can complain that there's nothing to complain about. Such fun.