Monday 19 July 2010

Shanti.

OK, no proper post today. I’m suitably distraught and engaged in self-flagellation as I type. Well, I would be if I had a third hand. And a whip.


I was planning to post about castles, quote a bit of Khalil Gibran for the benefit of stressed students - and something else I don’t remember. But I’ve been out today, I’m tired, and it’s late. Helen (she’s my ex, for those who don’t know - where’ve you been?) and I visited a mediaeval castle, had tea and ice cream, and made friends with some cute little animals with goat’s faces and sheep’s bodies. They liked having their noses scratched. The sun shone. So that was nice.


Seems it’s America’s turn to pass me by today. I think it must be something I haven’t said. Which reminds me of the man I saw in full climbing gear making a descent into a hole in the ground. I asked him why he was doing it, and he said ‘Because it isn’t there.’ Get it?


With sincere apologies to Gary Larsson. That’s one of his jokes.


So now I’m listening to the incomparable Sheila Chandra again. She just sang a song about Mecca. That woman’s voice... I know, I’ve said it before.


Om, shanti, shanti, shanti.


(Do you know, my spell checker keeps ‘correcting' shanti to shanty. Bloody Bill Gates! Denizen of western mediocrity that he is!)

3 comments:

lucy said...

Sounds like you had a relaxing, fun time :) It's good that you're tired. It means you had a good day

Maria Sondule said...

Ok, so you're friends with your ex? Just want to clarify :)
haha I'm sure everyone in America was busy today. It's nice outside this time of year, maybe they were enjoying their summer with a swim or a camping trip!
I know that when I'm out riding my bike or soaking in the pool or taking a hike with buddies that blogs, including my own, are one of the last things on my mind.
We'll be back, believe me.

JJ said...

Lucy: Not with you, it doesn't. It means you're stressed, poor lamb. Get that schooling done with and become independent. Thanks for the continued comments, Lu. I know you've got a lot on your plate.

Maria: You're mocking me! Helen is my best friend. She deserves lots of mentions.

You mean you don't take your laptop with you? Do they float? Never had one. Where do you hike? (I love knowing where people live. Sense of place, and all that.)