Thursday 22 July 2010

Coming Soon.

Haven’t had time to write a blog post today, and now it’s 1 am. Besides, I’m getting bored again. I’m fed up with observing, complaining, and writing silly ditties. I want to be a lumberjack! Swinging from tree to tree, with my best girl by my side.


I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK...


No, I don’t. I would hate to cut down a tree, and girls don’t like me any more. They say I smell funny and get in the way. That’s a lie. They just ignore me.


So, I thought I might start telling some of the strange things that have happened to me over the course of a life that is now assuming Methuselah proportions. My ex says she’s glad she doesn’t live with me any more because I attract creepy things. And I’m not talking earthworms or beetles. I’m talking eerie


I wonder whether that would be of interest to anybody.


The first comment I get that says ‘Oh please, JJ, please tell us what creepy things have suffused your eventful and ever-so-interesting life. I can’t contain my excitement. I’m so beside myself with glorious expectation that I am in danger of dampening my undergarments’ settles it.


Expect the first tonight when the clock strikes twelve. Expect the second the next night...


Oh, do shut up! The first will be the story of the mysteriously opening doors. Tomorrow, or whenever.

4 comments:

Orphin Lasz said...

Eerie things can be some of the most beautiful...!
* ^ *
Also, good for you for not cutting trees down... I guess you could be a forest-keeper instead c:

~ Orphin's Domains ~

KMcCafferty said...

Oh please, JJ, please tell us what creepy things have suffused your eventful and ever-so-interesting life. I can’t contain my excitement. I’m so beside myself with glorious expectation that I am in danger of dampening my undergarments

Direct quote, I said it. Do share creepy things now please =]

Nuutj said...

Wondering if you need a psychic, an exorcist or a monk to talk to.

Also I am curious about them.

JJ said...

You did it, McC! You said it. Well done you. And thanks. I wonder if we're related about seven generations removed. Evidence suggests my great-times-whatever grandfather came from Dublin, but that doesn't mean anything. does it? He might have moved there from somewhere else. My new phrase, by the way: 'To heaven or to Connacht.' I'll bet somebody else thought of it first.

Orphin: Thank you so much. I revere trees. I think I might be destined to be a woodland sprite in my next life. Just think of all those nice tricks I can play on unsuspecting travellers, and all the less nice ones I can play on the lumberjacks.

Mei-shan: No need for concern, dear lady. None of them did me any harm, in fact one actually helped me to get rid of the hangover of childhood fears. They also provided a few stories. And most of them are mild these days - something gets moved, so I put it back, then it gets moved again; that sort of thing. I smile at them these days. I assume I have friends in odd places. But, thank you.

Will post the first later today.