Friday 30 July 2010

Being Picky, Maybe.

I decided to revamp my blog a bit when I resumed it – hence the new colour scheme and banner pic.


I tried those fancy new templates that Blogger is offering now. Seems you can’t get the simple ones any more, unless I’m missing something. I found there was a glitch with them; they were all putting one of my pictures off to the side of the screen. I got over that one, and then I noticed something else. All the post titles are underlined, and you can’t change it.


Who uses underlines these days? I did a design module as part of a desk top publishing course, and one thing came over loud and clear. Underlines belong to the school textbook, and occasionally to provide an additional enhancement tool in official documents. Apart from that, they went out with the typewriter. Now we have the facility to use standard graphic design tools – bold, italic, font variation, colour variation and so on.


When I consider that my primary interest is in words, it's odd how fastidious I am about visuals. I'm not proud of the fact. Sometimes I have to remind myself that it really isn't all that important.

No comments: