Friday 9 July 2010

Scouse Logic.

One of my ex’s once told me of the time she and her friends were walking around the garden of an abandoned old house. They found a sundial still standing on the overgrown lawn. One of her friends said:

‘Isn’t that amazing? So old; and it still works!’

They were all Liverpudlians.

And talking of Liverpudlian humour, I saw an interview once with a DJ for BBC Radio Liverpool. He told a story of how he used to do a public phone-in quiz show. The question one night was:

‘Who was the first woman on earth?’

One caller was nonplussed. She offered many speculative suggestions, to which the answer was always ‘er... no.’ The DJ decided to give her a clue.

‘Think garden,’ he said. ‘Think apples.’

The woman went silent for a while, and then said:

‘Oh, I know! Was it Granny Smith?’

There I go, falling off my chair again. I love this time of night.

No comments: