Saturday 26 September 2015

Misconstruing and Just Missing.

It’s been a bad sort of a day all things considered. I’m not in the mood for writing a catalogue, so I won’t bother.

*  *  *

I got a reply to a YouTube comment tonight which amply demonstrated yet again just how prone people are to utterly miss the point of what I’m saying. It led me to wonder whether the world is full of imbeciles, or whether I’m just poor at expressing myself. And that led me to wonder how much of what I spout on this blog is also utterly misconstrued.

*  *  *

I found this on YouTube last night:
I’m posting it in honour of the Woman in America who I haven’t mentioned in quite a long time. She used to answer about 1 in 20 of my emails – which I got used to and really didn’t mind – but when it got up to about 0 in 50 I decided that she'd come to find correspondence with me unpalatable, so I stopped (mostly for her sake since I have no wish to cause discomfort to stellar beings.) I miss her, but life does have a habit of moving on.

Anyway, the point is that in my story A Fairytale in Philadelphia, the meeting with Louise is prompted by this very scene, and the meeting with Louise is the catalyst for the telling of some deep truths (mostly about me, but it appears I got a few things right about Lisa, too.) That being the case, I considered this scene to be apposite, although with one big difference.  (Erm... two big differences. No, no... wait... three big differences.)

No comments: