Monday 28 September 2015

Disappointment.

I just went out to watch the lunar eclipse which started half an hour ago. It didn’t look anything like they said it would. The full moon had simply changed to a waxing crescent; it hadn’t turned red at all. Makes you wonder why we bother, doesn’t it?

But the slug slithering across the path when I went out had changed direction when I came back, like it had a purpose. More hidden messages, I suppose.

Added later:

I just went out again and it still isn't red - just a narrower crescent. But the slug had grown much bigger and was eating the birds' oats on the windowsill, so there must be something of consequence afoot.

2 comments:

Madeline said...

It was pretty impressive at 10:30 PM. Kind of muddy brown/yellow/red. I was at a birthday party and we went outside to look at it and debate its color.

JJ said...

It was around the same time that I went to bed and looked out of the window. The moon had turned a mixture of brown and brick red, and then it disappeared altogether (which I didn't think it was supposed to do.) By then, unfortunately, I was too tired to care. Failed again.