Sunday 31 March 2013

Women in Threes .

How often is the feminine principle represented by not one woman, but three? Off the top of my head:

Twin Peaks (the best TV series ever)
Donna, Audrey, Shelly.

Lord of the Rings
Arwen, Eowyn, Galadriel.

Arthurian Legend
Morgan, Guinevere, the Lady of the Lake.

And then there are the three queens who come to take the mortally wounded Arthur to Avalon.

Is this because the male perception of the female is divided into three different sets of characteristics? And does that perception stem from the need of mother, wife and lover, or mother, wife and daughter?

I once made a tragic error of judgement. There was a clash of interest between lover and daughter, and I chose the wrong one because I was a passion junkie (experience was always the primary driving force with me.) I suffered for it badly, one way and another, for the following three years. And the consequences still echo to this day.

No comments: