Sunday 24 March 2013

The Lesson to be Gained from Fatigue.

I felt a bit off colour when I got up this morning. It had all the indications of the old fatigue problem experiencing a bit of a relapse, which is why I shouldn’t have spent an hour and a half clearing quite a lot of snow from the bottom of my garden so that cars could get out. I felt iller after that for several hours. I seem to be recovered now, though.

And maybe I should point out to those poor souls who live in places where English isn’t the first language that there’s no such word as ‘iller.’ It’s just me being silly. It should be ‘more ill.’ You see, there are some words, like ‘dull,’ which take –er, and there are other words, like ‘ill,’ which are preceded by ‘more.’ It all makes perfect since if you don’t think about it.

No comments: