Wednesday 13 March 2013

A Little Proclivity.

The doctor who did my scan today was very patient (no pun intended) and accommodating. I kept asking him questions, you see. ‘What are those orange flashes?’ ‘Why is there a lot of blood flow there?’ ‘Is that normal?’ ‘What does this mean?’ ‘What do you conclude from that?’ ‘Would it be reasonable to say, then...?’ Etc, etc. He didn’t seem to mind at all, bless him – just kept answering the questions as they came up, and up.

And then I remembered what a pain I was as a kid, with my questions, questions, questions – especially since most people didn’t know the answers to most of the questions, and I was dead good at knowing when they were bullshitting me! Most of the sessions ended the same way:

‘So if that happens like that, why does this happen like this?’

‘Because it does, OK? It just bloody does! Now, will you please SHUT UP.’

I might do a little post on the result later, if I decide it isn’t too boring. If I don't, I won’t.

2 comments:

Madeline said...

In order to be a doctor one must have a tolerance for both questions and vomit. I think that's the rule, unless you're an anesthesiologist, in which case it's your job to make the patient shut up.

JJ said...

You have an incisive, off beam, totally uncrazy mind, Madeline. You're one of the few people who can make me smile. Well done.