Thursday, 28 March 2013

End of a Bad Boy.

I watched a documentary tonight on the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood. They showed several pictures of Millais, Hunt and Rossetti at various stages in their lives, and I kept thinking there was something familiar about bad boy Rossetti. And then it dropped: he looked a bit like me. Fancy that.

At the end there was a short summation of what eventually happened to the three men. Rossetti was last up:

‘Rossetti became more and more of a recluse, and eventually lost it all on drugs and women.’

I must have missed something, because it wasn’t clear whether the term ‘lost it’ referred to his fortune or his mind. I decided to take an educated guess.


This isn't Rossetti, but one of his models who hasn't been allowed to open her Easter egg yet.

4 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Perhaps if you dressed in drag you'd look like his sister, Christina.

JJ Beazley said...

Don't think so. Wasn't she the one with the unnaturally pointed nose? And I always thought she was his wife.

andrea kiss said...

I don't think her nose was pointy. She looks a lot like her brother. Maybe it was Elizabeth Siddal that had the pointy nose. She was a model for one or two or so of the Pre Raphaelites.

JJ Beazley said...

I'm more than content to defer to your superior knowledge, Andy. I'm a complete dunce when it comes to art and art history.