Thursday 28 March 2013

End of a Bad Boy.

I watched a documentary tonight on the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood. They showed several pictures of Millais, Hunt and Rossetti at various stages in their lives, and I kept thinking there was something familiar about bad boy Rossetti. And then it dropped: he looked a bit like me. Fancy that.

At the end there was a short summation of what eventually happened to the three men. Rossetti was last up:

‘Rossetti became more and more of a recluse, and eventually lost it all on drugs and women.’

I must have missed something, because it wasn’t clear whether the term ‘lost it’ referred to his fortune or his mind. I decided to take an educated guess.


This isn't Rossetti, but one of his models who hasn't been allowed to open her Easter egg yet.

4 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Perhaps if you dressed in drag you'd look like his sister, Christina.

JJ said...

Don't think so. Wasn't she the one with the unnaturally pointed nose? And I always thought she was his wife.

andrea kiss said...

I don't think her nose was pointy. She looks a lot like her brother. Maybe it was Elizabeth Siddal that had the pointy nose. She was a model for one or two or so of the Pre Raphaelites.

JJ said...

I'm more than content to defer to your superior knowledge, Andy. I'm a complete dunce when it comes to art and art history.