Saturday 23 March 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Mildly Amusing.

The Good: I checked the loft and found only a light dusting of snow on top of the insulation. Nothing to worry about; nothing to do; much relief. There’s a whole post to be made about why spending a day clearing snow out of a loft is such a woeful activity. Another time, maybe.

The Bad: Remember how a few weeks ago the weight of snow brought the garage roof down onto my car? The white stuff was a little less severe today: today it only brought the guttering down on one side of my greenhouse. That isn’t so urgent. It can be a nice warm weather job, if and when we ever get any.

The Amusing: I spent the afternoon doing more of the painting job in the living room, and at one point I became aware of the fact that my left thigh was getting wet. Well, I’m not incontinent yet, and the wetness was cold anyway, so I set about investigating. I found a big lump of snow in a pocket of my overalls, evidently having been dumped there when I brushed the snow off the greenhouse roof, and it was melting away nicely. And there was me thinking I don’t produce body heat any more. You may smile. Even I did.

No comments: