Saturday 2 March 2013

Being Gonwid.

I’d like to point out that, as autobiographical as Gonwid is, I’m not aware of having had any flatulence problem as a young cub. That was put in simply to make a point, the point being that I do have vague recollections of my parents and other adults using me as bait to get laughs occasionally. The thing that made me growl loudest, however, was being tickled. I found it a gross violation of personal space and it made me very angry.

He’s an interesting point, though. I’ve been reading about Carl Jung, and it seems he has something enlightening to say about my difficulties in maintaining close relationships with my parents and the women I’ve lived with. They simply didn’t live up to the archetypes I had stored in my unconscious, apparently. It was all about my standards being too high. Oh good; that’s OK, then.

No comments: