Friday 10 August 2018

The Impending Nine Month Sentence.

I give substantial credence to the concept of reincarnation. There’s something obviously comforting to think that when this body gives up its ghost, the ghost – aka my consciousness – will take its seat in the mystical barge accompanied by the three queens of legend, be taken across the quiet waters to Avalon for rest and recuperation, and then return whence it came to begin another adventure in another body.

This is high Romance indeed and I have a strong feeling that it’s probably true. Furthermore, such a conviction takes the sting out of death and makes the Dark Rider merely a glorified taxi driver come to take you to the station en route to going home for the holidays. But I realised only yesterday that there’s a downside.

It means that at some time in the future I’ll have to spend nine months sitting around in the darkness with absolutely nothing to do and nothing to look at except the inside of some woman’s womb. That bit sounds a bit tedious to me.

No comments: