Sunday 12 August 2018

Shame About Russia.

I’ve now found two Russian women singers on YouTube who are an absolute feast to both ear and eye. Natalia Tsarikova is the latest:


If I could be eighteen again I’d be saving my pennies and making the trip east in full expectation of finding a pirate’s sea chest o’er brimming with glittering grails. I missed my chance when I really was eighteen because the Cold War was at its height and western propaganda had convinced us all that Russian women were grotesque, not to mention simianesque, creatures with a covering of body hair to put a yeti to shame and oversized hands which dragged through the Russian mud when they walked. Russia and everything in it was always painted in greyscale back then, and its women were granted no exemption.

And it was all lies, lies, lies. Damn those capitalist politicians. My stats counters indicate that a few people from Russia read this blog. If that is the case, may I offer my personal apology for the dastardly way in which you were represented. Can we be friends now?

No comments: