Tuesday 28 August 2018

For Kaetlyn.

Anybody wishing to hear a sad but heart-warming story could do little better than read this post from a fellow blogger.

Fellow blogger? My world is very sparsely populated these days; those who choose to enter my orbit – and do so with my welcome – are but a small handful of beautiful and compelling people. They are the tiny flecks of gold for which the prospectors search among the rocks and silt of the mountain streams. Kaetlyn is up there with the best of them.

She kept me company on an almost daily basis during my dark days in the winter, often writing long missives well into the early hours when she was busy with more meaningful work of her own. She was the hand held over the gunwale to help me swim when I was struggling with a heavy sea.

So how can I not honour her, even though she will probably have reservations about me making this post because there is nothing of the egoist about her? She has the same doubts and fears and anxieties as all truthful, searching, feeling people do. I’ve no doubt she will excuse me, though, because she will respect my right to honour those few great souls I deem worth honouring.

Thank you. Kaetlyn. May your recovery be swift and your life abound with golden sunlight.

2 comments:

An DreoilĂ­n said...

You know me too well! haha. The sentiment means a great deal though, my good sir. Hopefully the remainder of this year will bring fewer storms for the both of us.

JJ said...

Oddly, this week is producing a lot of minor storms, mostly of a technical nature. My internet was wonky as hell this morning, and how would I talk to you if I didn't have internet?

Incidentally, I linked Mel to your last blog post. Her reply simply read: 'What a gorgeous being.' I'm not sure whether she was referring to you or the pictures of Brogan. It could have been either, but she probably intended it to refer to both.