Saturday 18 August 2018

A Little Wish List.

May I please indulge my current preoccupation with death again because I have another thing to say on the matter? Thank you. It’s this:

Who the hell in their right mind would want to go to Valhalla? What pleasure could there possibly be in sitting in a chokingly smoky hall surrounded by a few thousand smelly Viking warriors vomiting gallons of testosterone over the floor along with the seventeenth pint of ale they’ve just consumed, while singing (allegedly) a torrent of bawdy and badly written ballads about cheap sexual conquests?

Please may I go to a leafy glade where wood nymphs frolic in the waterfall, the scotch is free and stays where I put it, the coffee is hot and never gets stale, and there’s a never ending supply of hot cheese scones with butter? Oh, and can I have a dog as well?

I think that will do. Much appreciated.

No comments: