Thursday 9 August 2018

Creature Quickies.

Just another quick post before I re-acquaint myself with the bed I haven’t slept in since Saturday night.

One of the newspapers I read in an almost fruitless attempt to stave off the tedium of hospitalization told of a man in Devon who erected a big statue of a gorilla on some land overlooking the sea. He placed it facing inland, and some people living in nearby houses complained that the beast’s eyes were burning into them and invading their privacy, so the owner turned it to face the sea. And then some other people in some other nearby houses complained that they were now faced with an unmitigated view of the gorilla’s bottom and it wasn’t very nice. All the poor owner could offer in his defence was ‘there’s no pleasing some people.’

And then I read that a wildlife group in Scotland has erected a ‘road’ of rope across a highway so that the local red squirrels can move from one side to the other without getting run over. The clever squirrels got the message very quickly.

What I don’t understand is why dull creatures like Trump make the front page while the interesting ones languish on page seven.

No comments: