Friday 3 August 2018

Nuttering.

The functioning part of my brain keeps falling over sideways and I have to concentrate hard to set it up straight again. It’s quite tiring. And it isn’t just the operation business that’s responsible for this unfamiliar state of affairs, nor even a powerful but unrequited state of affection. It’s all manner of things.

*  *  *

I still can’t work out why the sound of a woman’s voice speaking in a stage whisper is so sexy, especially when she inflects strongly.

*  *  *

I went to validate my parking ticket when I’d finished at the hospital this morning, and waited at a respectful distance while a woman stood by the pay station and kept looking at me. Eventually she said ‘I lost my ticket and nobody’s replying. Please carry on while I wait.’ And so I did. And then I had to sit behind her at the exit barrier while she waited for the remotely-located Parking Person to lift it. She was around 35, with blonde hair, very attractive, quite tall, and spoke with a south eastern accent. And she was driving a nearly new BMW. Today was quite a day, one way and another.

*  *  *

This evening’s treat was to have toast and jam instead of toast and marmalade. If I’m to be not too long for this world it seemed a good idea to learn to live a little, so I splashed out and bought a jar of jam when I went to Sainsbury’s. But I forgot to get the green beans. This could have serious ramifications next week if the surgeon says I mustn’t drive.

*  *  *

Sorry this is so short but I have to go now. My brain is falling over again.

No comments: