Thursday 30 August 2018

Needing Traffic Control.

I’ve mentioned before that I have two new bee hives in the little stone wall behind my house. It just so happens that the path around the side of my house, and which is my only means of getting from the back to the front, is on the flight path used by the bees to get from their hives to the flowers in the front garden.

Collisions are becoming a regular occurrence. Every day I get frequently bopped on the head, the mouth, the nose, etc. Fortunately, none of the bees has so far succumbed to the presumed urge to sting the interloper, and neither have I witnessed any injury to any of the little stripy guys. That’s a blessing because I feel no ill will towards them and I’m grateful for the fact that they’re probably responsible for my big crop of free apples every autumn.

But I clearly need traffic lights installing between my door and my shed, and a further set by the front porch. That would be difficult to do in a domestic garden and I doubt the agent would be accommodating enough to pay for them. Maybe it would help if I put a big paper bag over my head with eye holes cut into it. The cost would be miniscule and the locals would have fun shaking their incredulous heads even more frequently than they already do.

No comments: