Monday 27 August 2018

Frustration.

I had a good post all lined up in my head tonight, about the latest picture of Trump to appear on the BBC News website. I put on my ex-photographer's hat for inspiration, and though I say it myself, it even had the odd decent (or maybe indecent) joke. Like the line about the call girl who’d been hurriedly recruited to give the President moral support, and the one about Melania and the photographer being in collusion because it makes Donald look as dumb as he really is.

But there was a problem: the post was only worth making if it was illustrated with the image itself. I went to the website and right clicked. Oh dear, it was one of those pictures you can’t download. Some you can and some you can’t; this was one of the latter. Scrap the post.

That’s a shame. The debris is still rattling around inside my head, but when something’s gotta go, it’s gotta go. And now I’m left wondering whether the call girl is still sitting in the corner of the Oval Office off camera, or whether she’s moved into the inner circle by now. Not knowing can absolutely ruin a nice fantasy.

No comments: