Saturday 8 February 2020

Time and Trivia.

Tonight’s area of confusion regards the matter of time. I read somewhere recently that without time we could not exist. This suggests the corollary that time has no meaning but to serve existence. But then a question occurs to me: is time constant or dependent on individual perception? So what does ‘individual’ mean? And in particular, how would the principle apply to non-sentient matter?

I’m sure this was all sorted out by much cleverer minds than mine a very long time ago. I’m just trying to catch up, and currently failing. This in itself is somewhat ironic. And maybe I should stop reading books by Douglas Adams, but it’s heartening to note that his English isn’t quite as good as mine.

I doubt that any of this matters in the final analysis, but when anxiety and depression keep trying to drown you with high waves it’s tempting to grab hold of anything which floats.

I had another of those intriguing days today when strange women kept smiling at me. One of them looked like Desperate Dan’s big sister. And Cakiepop thinks that tipping tea into the ocean is funny.

No comments: