Monday 3 February 2020

A Missing Note.

The extremely subdued nature of my mind in January (it still is extremely subdued, but I’m making an effort to extract a bit of life from it) caused me to miss the 10th anniversary of my blog on 14th of the month. I had intended to make a post about it on the day because it doesn’t seem anything like ten years since the blogging journey began. And that’s interesting in itself, because when a whole ten years seems so short it adds yet another shift in perception with regard to what future I have left.

A lot has changed during that time – I’ve changed, the Lady B has changed, the fabric of my life has changed, the world has changed, the colour of international politics has changed… How big a list should I try to create? I suppose it does bear repeating that the journey has taught me an awful lot about an awful lot of things, not least being the nature of who I am, or was, or think I might become.

But the priestess is still here, or at least she was last Thursday. That fact is a rare light in a world that has grown increasingly dark.

No comments: