Sunday 23 February 2020

The Ruling Class.

I’ve always exhibited a tendency to be sympathetic, sensitive and sentimental, but the older I get the more I’m becoming empathetic. I feel people’s pain and distress increasingly now, so when I read of what’s happening in Brazil with the rainforest and indigenous peoples, or how the Uighur are being treated in China, it all becomes personal.

And then I become painfully aware yet again of how so much of humanity’s business is dictated and controlled by psychopaths for whom humanitarian values hold no meaning. And I wonder what I’m doing in this human body with no power to take the ruling psychopaths and place them far away where they can do no further harm. And that’s depressing.

*  *  *

I read today that 49% of Americans approve of Trump’s presidency. What on earth does that say about America?

No comments: