Thursday 20 February 2020

Going Down.

I’m trying so hard to be properly silly again, I really am, but the engine of silliness just won’t fire up. I thought I might get inspiration from watching a few YouTube clips of the delightfully silly Lucy Moran in Twin Peaks, but no. Even the charms of one of my favourite characters from my favourite TV show of all time are falling on stony ground.

Meanwhile, I watched an old movie called Identity tonight. The plot made no sense to me at all, so I read the synopsis on Wiki. I thought some clever person might be able to explain it and salve my frustration. That, too, fell on stony ground, since it only repeated the story of the action I’d just watched on my computer.

So now I’m forced to the unpalatable conclusion that my IQ is riding the elevator to the basement along with my once-buoyant(ish) spirits, and very soon my perceptual faculties will be reduced to a little pool of odourless green slime. And then cleverer people than me will scratch their own heads in bemusement and ask ‘what the hell should we do with it?’

No comments: